WELCOME TO DESERT FOREST!
We are really glad you’ve found us! For 15 years, Desert Forest Nutritionals has been the source of the scientifically researched mushroom extracts, information and support you are searching for.
The Brazilian Agaricus blazei Murrill (AbM) mushroom has come to the forefront as one of the most promising contenders in the medicinal mushroom category as the strongest of them all. With over 50 years of research worldwide, this is the reason we only specialize on the best and strongest one of them all!
A strong immune system is vital for our health, to protect us from bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungal infections, and even more serious conditions. Agaricus blazei Murrill mushroom extract helps to effectively support the immune system and stimulate the Natural Killer cell activity and help improve your quality of life.
Why Desert Forest Nutritionals
* Our products are from Brazil, native land of the Brazilian Agaricus blaze Murrill mushroom!
* Our extracts are made from the authentic mushrooms (fruit body) not mycelium (spores). There is a difference. To learn what it is click here.
* The mushroom strain we use is the original lineage found in Brazil and has not been altered, hybridized, or genetically modified.
*Our extracts are made using dual hot water / alcohol extraction which is the complete extraction process. Extracts done using only hot water are not!
* Desert Forest Nutritional ABM mushrooms extracts have no additives or preservatives – a perfect organically whole food extract!
What is Agaricus blazei Murrill medicinal mushroom?
Agaricus blazei Murrill (AbM) is a basidiomycete mushroom native to the Atlantic Rain Forest in southeastern Brazil. Compared with other edible medicinal mushrooms, Agaricus Blazei Murill has been discovered to contain the highest concentration of polysaccharides, Beta 1,3-D Glucan, Beta 1,6-D Glucan measured in a mushroom(1), ergosterols (Provitamin D), linoleic acid, palmitorenic acid, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12.
Beta D glucans help stimulate the natural killer cells and T helper cells which are vital for a properly functioning immune system. They also help support healthy insulin and cholesterol production, as well as support cardiovascular health,* and being nutritive to the kidney and liver.* (1), (2) Recent studies support its anti-oxidant activity.* (13)
In studies conducted in Japan from May 1992 to November 1993, use of Agaricus blazei in patients with chronic hepatitis showed satisfactory therapeutic effect.* (3) It is possible that Agaricus Blazei Murrill improves clinical symptoms of chronic hepatitis patients, helping with restoration of liver function and reinforcing hematopoiesis. *(3)
Agaricus blazei Murrill has also been successful in studies as adjunctive therapy to conventional treatment of malignant tumors. *(1) Research shows that the mushroom extract helps to activate immune function in patients with cancer.* and have shown to help improve patients with compromised immune systems.*
In 2002, the Agaricus blazei Murrill mushroom was reclassified and given the name Agaricus brasiliensis. Research studies currently use both names. The research on the medicinal properties has been done on the mushroom of Brazilian origin not the one that is of North American origin with similar name.
- Ley, Beth M., PhD. Medicinal Mushrooms for Immune Enhancement: Agaricus Blazei Murrill 2001; ISBN: 1-890766-15-1
- Mizuno, T., Medicinal Properties and Clinical Effects of Culinary-Medicinal Mushroom Agaricus blazei Murrill (Agaricomycetideae) (Review) – Vol. 4 ‘2002 – International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms
- Rong, Wang, L., Rong, Feng, Q., Yuan, Xu X., Liang, Ma H. Observation on Treatment Effect of Agaricus Blazei Murrill to the Liver Function of Chronic Hepatitis Patients. Dept. of Infection, Lanzhou Medical College, China: Mie University School of Medicine, Japan.
- Izawa, S., Inoue, Y. A Screening system for antioxidants using thioredoxin-deficient yeast: discovery of thermostable antioxidant activity from Agaricus blazei Murill. Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, Springer Ver- lag, 2003
- Wasser, Solomon P.; Didukh, Marina Ya.; de Amazonas, Maria Angela L.; Nevo, Eviatar; Stamets, Paul; da Eira, Augusto F. (2002). Is a Widely Cultivated Culinary-Medicinal Royal Sun Agaricus (the Himematsutake Mushroom) Indeed Agaricus blazei Murrill?. International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms. (4): 267–290.
The KEY TO HEALTH
The key to good health and longevity is a strong and healthy immune system. In today’s world, our immune systems are attacked and weakened by stress, poor eating habits, aging, and exposure to toxins in our environment resulting in a body out of balance leading to diseases.
A strong immune system is vital for our health, to protect us from bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungal infections, and even more serious conditions. The immune system’s, first line of defense are the T-helper cells and Natural Killer cells (NK cells). If the immune system is not functioning properly, those cells are not able to detect and destroy threats.
Research has shown the Brazilian Agaricus blazei Murrill mushroom extract helps to effectively support the immune system and stimulate the Natural Killer cell activity and the quality of life are improved by the ABM mushroom extract.*
The nutrient rich Agaricus blazei Murrill (ABM) mushrooms besides being a powerful immune support are also strong adaptogens. Adaptogens help bring the body into balance, stabilizing and regulating endocrine functions, regulate and normalize organ functions and glands and adapt the body to emotional stress. Adaptogens function is to help normalize blood pressure and blood sugar levels as well as other physiological functions.* This balance is called homeostasis.
WHY IS THE ABM MUSHROOM DIFFERENT?
- In Japan and Brazil, the Brazilian Agaricus blazei Murrill is the # 1 alternative treatment for various health conditions. It is also the strongest of all medicinal mushrooms both in nutritional composition and effectiveness.
- Japanese research studies showed the AbM mushroom to be 80% more effective than PSK (Turkey Tail). Which is Japan’s best selling anticancer medicine.
- The Brazilian AbM is used as an adjunct to conventional and alternative cancer therapies because it helps to support the liver. The liver plays a very important role in the detoxification process during chemotherapy. Its nutritional support aids with weight and muscle loss, which is very common among frequently debilitated cancer patients.
- AbM is a low calorie whole food but has much higher levels of nutrients and immune system regulators than Maitake, Shitake, Turkey Tail, and Reishi mushrooms.
- The Brazilian AbM mushroom has a total of 192 nutrients, more than any plant or botanical and often classified as a superfood. It is nutrient dense containing; vitamins (especially vitamin D & B), minerals, antioxidants, amino acids, digestive enzymes Enzymes, SOD, polysaccharides, dietary Fibers, Sterol, Saponins and Heteroglucans.
- High levels of Vitamins B6 and B12, palmitorenic acid, linoleic acid, selenium and ergosterols (pro vitamin D) are all very important for various health conditions.
- The Brazilian AbM has the highest concentrations of Proteoglucans and polysaccharides which are immune enhancers. These elements, together with ribonucleic acid protein compounds, xyloglucan, cid heteroglucan and lectin are responsible for enhancing the activity of macrophages that destroy or inhibit the proliferation of damaged cells.
- The highest concentration of Beta-D-glucans, which are long-chain polysaccharides (complex sugars) that have been researched extensively are known to stimulate the immune system and help reduce inflammation. Only ABM mushrooms contain the combination 1,6 Beta-D Glucan and 1,3-Beta-D Glucan, as compared to any other mushroom including Shitake, Maitake, Turkey tail and Reishi.
* The Information provided by Desert Forest Nutritionals LLC on this site is for informational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. Desert Forest Nutritionals LLC is not providing the services of a physician or offering any medical advice; The information provided by Desert Forest Nutritionals LLC is not meant to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, nor is it meant to prescribe any medication. That medical problems should promptly be brought to the attention of your health care provider. The information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.